Oh how happy this makes me!
I can’t wait to finish and show you some proper photos.
This week I have been in a terrific mood. The weather in Michigan has been unbelievable — 50+ degrees! And I have been cranking away at some goals.
1. The jeans. This is off the table, so I have mentally scratched this from my list.
2. The sweaters. I have been making some plans. I am going to copy a “robe” style sweater I bought years ago from Dress Barn, only I am going to turn the belt into a tab button. It looks kinda like this with riveted belt loops:
image from Undrest
The belt is cute, and it nips in my waist, but I’m always dragging it between my thighs, and I have to be very careful in the bathroom so the ends don’t end up in the toilet. I usually tuck the ends into the sweater to avoid this, but then I am afraid I will forget to untuck them when I am finished, and then I’ll be walking around in public with my tails tucked into my bosom. It’s ridiculous. I made up a swatch in a maroon colored Rowan Tweed. Details to follow.
3. We bought an exercise bike! It is being delivered and assembled today. I’m pretty stoked about that. I lost 7 pounds in the last 5 weeks, mainly due to working at my physical therapy and not eating loads of Christmas treats and desserts. I’m pretty happy about that. But it links back to #1, and sewing in general. I don’t know what size I’m going to end up at, so I don’t want to spend a lot of time and money on projects that I can’t wear for longer than 3 months.
So, henceforth we are not going to discuss #1 or 3 above. Here are some new thoughts:
- Continue using up stash yarn. I have loads of single skeins I bought once upon a time because they were pretty. This is the year I am using them instead of just petting them. I am eyeballing several scarf patterns.
- Make my Pay It Forward projects. I had been thinking about that this week, and then Seraphinalina wrote a post about it, which made me smile. I love when the Universe is in harmony.
- Sort through my quilt projects because tomorrow is the Pajama Party at Shipshewana, and I want to stock up on fabrics (30% off!) to make some quilts. I’ll share photos of my loot next time!